Tuesday 16 October 2012

Snow Bird

This is the first new Christmas card I've made this fall :)  I had such a good afternoon making it, I love this time of year. 

The card is a 6x6" card of red Bazzill cardstock.  I actually made it 1/4" smaller so that it will fit in a 6" envelope.  There is a layer of blue Bazzill too - sorry I don't have the names of the colours.  The red plaid is Recollections - Frosty Cabin.  This is a beautiful pad of paper.  I attached a red satin ribbon diagonally across the front of the card, this was just some ribbon that I had in my collection.

I saw this little bird on Kristy's facebook page - ScrapbookingCafe and had to have it.  He's so cute!  He's made by Stampendous - Snow Bird.  If you haven't seen Kristy's online store - check it out.  Great stuff and good prices.

So, I stamped him on Recollections - Shimmer paper with Stazon - Jet Black.  I cut this out with SU - Labels Framelits.  Using an aqua painter, I painted the bird with SU - Watercolour Crayons and used Marina Mist and Cherry Cobbler.  His beak is Daffodil Delight and his legs are Tangerine Tango.  The branch is painted with Soft Suede.  I always use Ink Potion #9 in my aqua painter, it works just like water but doesn't warp the paper.  I coloured the berries with a red Tombo marker - #856.

For the background I used SU - Marina Mist and Real Red ink and a finger dauber.  I kept these colours very soft and just rubbed them in. 

To make the snow on the branches, I used a Snow Marker.  It's hard to see in the picture, but the snow is puffed up and this adds really nice dimension to the picture!  If you haven't used one of these markers, you should try to find one because they are so cool.  The marker puts a white liquid on the paper where you want it and then you just heat it with a heating tool and it dries and expands, so easy and such a great effect.

The red frame around the bird was cut and embossed using the same SU - Label Framelits that I cut the bird out with and the next size smaller.  The frame was glued to the bird picture and this was popped up on the card.

The sentiment is Inkadinado - Ornate Christmas and is stamped with Stazon - Jet Black.  This was also stamped on the white Shimmer paper and die cut with Spellbinders - Labels Twenty.  Before I took the die off of the paper, I sponged SU - Marina Mist around the edge.  I coloured the little poinsettia with the red Tombo and added a small half pearl to the center.  I sponged Real Red around the edges and popped this up on the card. 

I stung two small red bells on some red and white baker's twine and attached them to the back of the popped up sentiment.

This is the inside.  Used the same colours as the front.  The verse is my own and generated on the computer.

Hope you like the card.  Thanks for taking a look :)







No comments:

Post a Comment