Thursday 2 August 2012

just peachy!

Hi everyone!  This is the card that I made this week with "the girls".  Once a week five of us get together and spend the day making cards - it's so much fun.  Everyone had such great ideas.  This is what I came up with this week.

I bought some older cards at our neighbour's yard sale this spring.  They were all beautiful flowers or scenes done in the nicest colours, some of them had originally been purchased in Europe.  I thought they were delightful and I wanted to incorporate some of the pictures into my cards.

The base of the card is a bone coloured Bazzill cardstock.  The flower image is from one of the cards, sorry I don't know the name of the company.  I matted it on a piece of SU - Chocolate Chip and then on a piece of medium green Bazzill.  The flourish behind the oval is Cheery Lynn - Fanciful Flourish and the paper is Michael's textured cardstock from the Earth and Sky collection.  The oval behind the bird was also cut from this medium green Bazzill using Spellbinders - Floral Ovals and I popped this up with dimensionals.  The branch was cut using Memory Box die - Woodland Branch with SU - Early Espresso paper.  The little bird is a dimensional sticker from K&Company - Susan Winget Robin Botanicals, I thought it was so cute!

The flowers were cut with Spellbinders - Rose Creations and a peach Bazzill cardstock.  I shaped these using a soft mouse pad and glued them to create a scene around the bird.  The smaller flowers were punched with EK - Small Daisy punch and the bone coloured cardstock.  These were also shaped just a bit and a white pearl was added to the center of each flower.  The finishing touch is the little bumblebee.  It is also a dimensional sticker from K&Company - Tim Coffey White Floral.  I Love K&Company, their products add such nice little details to cards.

Thanks so much for taking a look at my cards, hope you'll come back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment