Wednesday 20 June 2012

A Meadow Birthday

I made this card for my friend Sherrie's birthday.  I had just got a new stamp set from La Blanche called "Meadow" and really wanted to use it - hope you like it.

The card is made with kraft paper and watermarked with Versa Mark ink and SU - Elements of Style.  On SU - Very Vanilla paper, I stamped the background with SU - En Francais using SU - Creamy Caramel.  I tore two edges of the paper and sponged Creamy Caramel around the edges and here and there over the paper to give it a distressed look. 

The flowers are one of the two stamps in the La Blanche - meadow set.  They are stamped in Versafine - Majestic Blue.  These are beautiful stamps to work with, they give a very clear, crisp image - love them.  I rolled the torn edges inward which is kind of hard to see in the picture.  I then took a dark blue Bazzill paper and tore the same two edges on it but trying not to match the torn edge on the Vanilla piece.  The edges of this one are rolled as well.  I added two small copper coloured brads and some SU - Beautiful Wings butterflies.  These two layers were then attached to the card.

The flower was made using SU - Build A Blossom punch and Floral Fusion die with a variety of designer paper.  Each petal was rolled and shaped using the end of a small paint brush.  The petals were also sponged with either the Majectic blue or Creamy Caramel.  A peach half pearl was added to the center.

The happy birthday stamp is SU - Something to Celebrate in Pumpkin Pie.  It was cut out with SU - Decorative Label punch.  I punched it once, then put it back in and punched it again to get a smaller label. 

The other flower stamp in the set is just as pretty, I'll have to use it soon.

Thanks for taking a look :)




No comments:

Post a Comment