Sunday 10 June 2012

Dad's Birthday

This card I made for my father in law's birthday, he and all 5 of his sons are crazy about old cars, so the card had to have one on it.  He is a real sweetheart!

The base of this card is a very dark brown Bazzill cardstock and the wood grain background is a piece that I had in my collection - sorry I don't know the company.  The brads in the corners are K&Company - Rough & Tumble.

I used Spellbinders - Labels Twenty and SU - Cajun Craze for the background behind the car.  The car is from a sheet of Graphic 45 - A Proper Gentleman Collection.  This sheet is full of cars, I just cut out one and layered it over some of the dark brown cardstock.

Happy Birthday was stamped with Stazon - Jet Black on some off white cardstock.  The stamp is from SU - Elementary Elegance.  It also was cut using Spellbinders - Labels Twenty.  I used Spellbinders - Fleur De Lis Accents to cut the shape behind the Happy Birthday.  This was done using the dark brown cardstock.  I popped this up on the card.

The twine holding the banners is Sew Easy - Blue Lagoon.  The pennants were punched using SU - Petite Pennants Builder.  I love putting these on cards, it makes it seem more festive, and when you add music sheets - it's perfect for a birthday!  The back colour is the dark brown cardstock and the music paper is BoBunny - Et Cetera Symphony.  These little pennants are also popped up.

Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for taking a peek :)



No comments:

Post a Comment