Wednesday 6 June 2012

Cardinal Christmas

This card has so many things that I like - cardinals, snowflakes, and one horse open sleighs!  It was fun to make.


The card base is white 5" x 7".  There is a layer of dark blue Bazzill cardstock, I'm afraid that I don't know the name of the colour.  The embossed silver layer is from Dollarama, it's not very thick paper but it is very pretty.  The picture in the window is from an older SU set.  I stamped it with Stazon - Jet Black and coloured it with Staedtler watercolour pencils, then used a Sugarloaf blender marker to blend the colours.  I covered the image with Scor tape and Glitter Ritz - Transparent Micro Fine Glitter - Cool Highlights.  You can't tell from the picture but the image in the window is very sparkly!  This image was then taped to the card.


The window was cut out using Heartfelt Creations - Decorative Window Scene die in white cardstock.  I sponged around the window with SU - Chocolate Chip.  The dark blue Bazzill cardstock was used to cut the background for the window.  If you place the die on your cardstock and trace around it with a pencil, then cut it out with scissors, you get a slightly larger image than the die will cut out.  It will have no cut out details, it's just a solid shape of your die.  This is an easy way to create a matte for behind almost any die.  I glued the white window onto the blue window matte and popped it up over the stamped picture.


The cardinal is from Heartfelt Creations - Cardinal Pine Cone Border.  It was stamped with Stazon - Jet Black and coloured with watercolour pencils and the blender marker.  I cut it out and popped it up.  Around the cardinal I added snowflakes from SU - Northern Frost and leaves with Martha Stewart's - Branch Punch.  The little sentiment is a stamp from SU.  I cut a label out using SU - Decorative Label, then put the label back in the punch and cut it down a bit smaller.

This is the inside of this card, fairly simple.  There is a layer of dark blue Bazzill cardstock and a layer of white cardstock, both have been cut using Spellbinders - Labels Five.  The verse I printed using the computer.   The verse is part my words and part someone elses.

Hope you've enjoyed this card :)



No comments:

Post a Comment